July 3, 2011

Artisan With Class

My iPod is my favorite piece of tech and I have it with me everyday - and not just for the ability to play Bob Dylan songs as I'm zooming down I-270 on my way to yet another market.

I discovered iTunes U. More than 800 universities like Stanford, MIT, Yale, Oxford and UC Berkley distribute lectures on podcasts that you can access for free. I love the word free. It also includes content from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the New York Public Library and public radio.

This is particularly great for small crafters like me who want to get better at innovation and marketing. To keep pace, it is necessary to become as saavy in how to run a business as in how to practice my art.

Find courses on small business and entrepreneurship in the Apple iTunes store. Click on iTunes U. Here is a link for the courses at Oxford University.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Craft Entrepreneur News and Information